NORTH SAANICH — The Matt Underwood Memorial Lacrosse tournament, held earlier this month, raised $2,045 from is head shave event. The money is earmarked for bone marrow transplant awareness and support.
In three days, organizers report that there were 36 games among the 15 teams in the area for the tourney. Here are the results:
Midget B Division
• Most Sportsmanlike Team – JDF Whalers C
• Gold Medal – Juan de Fuca Whalers B
• Fair Play Player Award – Nicolaas Hoekstra from Saanich Tigers
Midget A2 Division
• Most Sportsmanlike Team (lowest penalty minutes during round robin) – Peninsula Warriors B
• Gold Medal – Nanaimo Timbermen
• Fair Play Player Award – Silas Boon from Nanaimo Timbermen
Midget Female Division
• Most Sportsmanlike Team – Coquitlam Adanacs
• Gold Medal – Coquitlam Adanacs
• Fair Play Player Award – Kaitlyn Williams from Sherwood Park Titans.