Sidney North Saanich RCMP
• On Oct. 25, just after 9 p.m. Sidney RCMP were called to a motor vehicle accident at the intersection of East Saanich Road and McTavish Road. Police found two vehicles in the middle of the intersection and investigation revealed one of the drivers had failed to stop at the four-way. No injuries were reported and a ticket was issued to the driver who ran the stop sign.
• On Oct. 26, 2012 around 8 p.m. an 18-year-old female was struck by a vehicle at the intersection of Seventh Street and James White Boulevard. The teen sustained only minor injuries and was taken to hospital for evaluation. The driver is facing charges for failing to yield.
• Police were called to the intersection of Forest Park Drive and East Saanich Road Oct. 27 after reports a vehicle had left the road. It was determined alcohol was a factor in the incident and the driver was issued a three-day driving prohibition and vehicle impoundment.
• On Oct. 28, an officer on patrol along McTavish Road noticed a man on side of the road with a large roll of metal fencing. After determining the fencing did not belong to the man, the officer seized it and it is now in the Sidney North Saanich RCMP’s possession. If you are missing a roll of metal fencing, police ask that you contact them at 250-656-3931.
• Police were called on Oct. 29 to reports of a man who appeared to expose himself to a woman on Beacon Avenue at Seventh Street.
The man reportedly opened his jacket slightly and was only wearing pantyhose with no underwear. The perpetrator is described as a 30 to 40-year-old with black hair, wearing a grey hooded jacket, boots and pantyhose. Patrols for the man in the surrounding area were negative.