• Council has approved an extension of the Sewer Collection Area No. 1 to allow the property at 6244 Rodolph Road to connect to the sanitary collection system.
Aplomado Developments recently received approval for a six-lot subdivision that would include the removal of ten protected trees. Owner Dan Doore agreed to donate five per cent of the property as park land.
• Council declined an invitation from the BC Seniors Games Society to host the 30th, 31st and 32nd consecutive annual 55+ BC Games, to be held in 2017, 2018 and 2019. Councillor Carl Jensen noted he felt the District simply does not have the facilities.
• Councillor Alicia Cormier has been appointed liaison to the Saanich Inlet Protection Society. The Society is involved with environmental protection, habitat-conservation and wildlife protection.
• In response to a request for funding for Christmas lights in Brentwood Village, council will be sending out letters of inquiry to local service groups to see if any are interested in sponsoring a holiday light-up.
• Councillor Jensen reminded council that this Wednesday (Feb. 25) is Pink T-Shirt Day in support of anti-bullying efforts.