Few activities celebrate southern Vancouver Island summers better than boating. And since it’s an activity that allows physical distancing, too, it’s safe to say West Shore boaters are thrilled to see the full team back at Alpine Marine.
“We’ve been here for 35 years, we’re open for business and we’re excited about the future and where we’re going,” says Alpine Group manager Nathan Black. “We’re asking people to practice physical distancing and we’ve increased regular in-store sanitizing, but we’re ramping right back up, expanding our sales and looking for another certified tech to add to the team.”
Sail into your staycation
With COVID-19 restrictions curtailing the travel plans of many south Islanders, local waters remain great places to holiday close to home, whether that means a leisurely cruise, dropping your line for the day’s catch or an adrenaline-fuelled adventure on the lake.
So whether you’re in the market for your first cruiser or you’re a die-hard sailor looking to upgrade on the power and accessories – if you’re dreaming of a summer on the water, here’s 5 things to do right now:
- New-to-you boat. In addition to new Mercury inflatable boats, Alpine Marine provides a selection of pre-owned boats at competitive prices, from fishing cruisers to sport boats.
- More power? “If people are thinking about re-powering, this is a great time to do it, especially with the warranties Mercury is offering,” Black says. “It’s great value for someone who really wants that peace of mind.”
- Accessorize! New rod and reel? New kicker? Find a full line of marine accessories in store, from electronics, deck hardware and bottom paint to boat covers, trailer parts, ski gear, fishing lures and more – everything to make your staycation adventures memorable. And for those loving lake life, check out the new electric engine ideal for many of the smaller West Shore lakes that prohibit gas engines, Black notes.
- Service. With more than 40 years of combined experience in the marine sales and service industry, including as Southern Vancouver Island’s only authorized Mercury parts, sales and service provider, you know that when your boat or engine needs a little TLC, this team has the training and experience to get the job done right.
- Plan ahead. “A lot of people are looking ahead for winterizing and booking that service in for October or November when they know they’ll be pulling the boat out of the water,” Black says.