Victoria Fire Department

A video captured by Twitter user Teddy Jenner of a fire in Beacon Hill Park the night of Jan. 21, 2021. (Twitter/@OfftheCrosseBar)

Fire rips through tents, wooden structures in Beacon Hill Park

Emergency crews say there was no injuries in the blaze

 

Willow, a kitten belonging to a Victoria family, was rescued by firefighters on Thursday after she got stuck in a basement drain pipe. (City of Victoria/Twitter)

Victoria kitten stuck in basement drain pipe rescued by firefighters

Willow the cat on the mend, owner feeling ‘enormous gratitude’

 

Victoria firefighters were sent out to investigate reports of a smoke smell at the Christian Book and Music store on Nanaimo Street. (Photo courtesy Glen Butcher)

Victoria firefighters investigating smoke smell at Christian bookstore

Caller reported smelling smoke at Christian Book and Music on Nanaimo Street

Victoria firefighters were sent out to investigate reports of a smoke smell at the Christian Book and Music store on Nanaimo Street. (Photo courtesy Glen Butcher)
(Black Press Media file photo)
(Black Press Media file photo)
The remains of the Capital CityCentre Hotel after a late-night fire tore through the building Thursday, Nov. 5. (Nina Grossman/News Staff)
The remains of the Capital CityCentre Hotel after a late-night fire tore through the building Thursday, Nov. 5. (Nina Grossman/News Staff)
Victoria fire crews quickly extinguished a multi-unit apartment building fire near Beacon Hill Park on Oct. 30. (Courtesy of Chief Paul Bruce)

Victoria fire crews extinguish multi-unit fire near Beacon Hill Park

Two people have suffered non-life-threatening injuries

Victoria fire crews quickly extinguished a multi-unit apartment building fire near Beacon Hill Park on Oct. 30. (Courtesy of Chief Paul Bruce)
Emergency crews responded to a fire at an Oak Bay coffee shop Tuesday afternoon. (Jane Srypnek/Black Press Media)

Electrical issue causes heavy smoke to billow from Oak Bay Avenue coffee shop

Victoria and Oak Bay fire crews responded to smoke at Victoria café

Emergency crews responded to a fire at an Oak Bay coffee shop Tuesday afternoon. (Jane Srypnek/Black Press Media)
The Victoria Fire Department responded to a house fire on Empress Avenue Tuesday morning. (Courtesy of David Boudinot)

Vacuum sparks fire in Fernwood basement

Crews extinguish small fire in Empress Avenue home

The Victoria Fire Department responded to a house fire on Empress Avenue Tuesday morning. (Courtesy of David Boudinot)
Fire crews responded to a brush fire in Beacon Hill Park Wednesday morning. (Black Press Media file photo)

Victoria fire department douses Beacon Hill brush fire

Fire appears to have been started by improperly discarded smoking material

Fire crews responded to a brush fire in Beacon Hill Park Wednesday morning. (Black Press Media file photo)
(Black Press Media file photo)
(Black Press Media file photo)
A tent in Centennial Square caught fire on Monday morning. (@busdriverlife/Twitter)

Fire destroys tent in Victoria’s Centennial Square

A bus driver stopped to assist with the blaze before fire crews arrived

A tent in Centennial Square caught fire on Monday morning. (@busdriverlife/Twitter)
One man has been arrested in connection with three fires set within a 10-minute time frame in James Bay the night of May 14. (Nina Grossman/News Staff)

Victoria police make arrest in connection to string of James Bay fires

50-year-old man faces recommended arson charges for May 14 fires

One man has been arrested in connection with three fires set within a 10-minute time frame in James Bay the night of May 14. (Nina Grossman/News Staff)
The B.C. government spent $18.5 million on Comfort Inn Hotel, located at 3020 Blanshard Street, to provide affordable housing to the homeless. (Kendra Crighton/News Staff)

Fire at Victoria hotel contained to one room, leaves 20 suites in need of remediation

Fire crews extinguished the blaze at the Comfort Inn in 12 minutes

The B.C. government spent $18.5 million on Comfort Inn Hotel, located at 3020 Blanshard Street, to provide affordable housing to the homeless. (Kendra Crighton/News Staff)
Victoria fire crews rescue three residents from early morning apartment fire

Victoria fire crews rescue three residents from early morning apartment fire

Fire caused about $200,000 in damage, fire department says

Victoria fire crews rescue three residents from early morning apartment fire
This heritage house in Vic West caught fire twice in three days. (Kendra Crighton/News Staff)

Firefighter offers fire prevention tips after five Victoria blazes in less than a week

Most importantly, says deputy chief Chris Royel, have a smoke detector

This heritage house in Vic West caught fire twice in three days. (Kendra Crighton/News Staff)
A fire was started in a home in the 2000-block of Victor Street on Monday evening. (Kendra Crighton/News Staff)

Two people taken to hospital after cooking oil fire ravages home

Victoria Fire Department estimates $150,000 in damages

A fire was started in a home in the 2000-block of Victor Street on Monday evening. (Kendra Crighton/News Staff)
The Victoria Fire Department was able to contain a fire to one room after a bed placed directly against a heater ignited. (Black Press Media file photo)

Bed against heater causes fire in Fernwood basement suite

The Victoria Fire Department was able to contain the blaze to one room

The Victoria Fire Department was able to contain a fire to one room after a bed placed directly against a heater ignited. (Black Press Media file photo)
Fire crews working to put out a fire in the 200-block of Robert Street that started at around 8:40 p.m. on April 28. (Kendra Crighton/News Staff)

No indication Vic West heritage house fire was suspicious

Approximately $500,000 in losses says Victoria Fire Department

Fire crews working to put out a fire in the 200-block of Robert Street that started at around 8:40 p.m. on April 28. (Kendra Crighton/News Staff)
The Victoria Fire Department is still investigating what caused a gas leak in the 1400-block of Quadra Street Wednesday morning. (Black Press Media file photo)

Gas leak along Quadra Street causes brief evacuation for nearby businesses

Victoria crews still investigating what caused the incident

The Victoria Fire Department is still investigating what caused a gas leak in the 1400-block of Quadra Street Wednesday morning. (Black Press Media file photo)