puppies

Sophie made it through a harrowing situation of three trips to Nanaimo for emergency vet care. (Photo by Don Bodger)

Sophie the pot-gobbling Chemainus puppy’s problems put in the past

Dog back to her energetic self after eating discarded drugs leads to three trips to the vet

 

(Needpix.com)

Fraudsters projected to use pet scams to gouge over $3M from customers: BBB

The pandemic heavily contributed to the number of puppy scams

 

Norman is a 10-week-old puppy in training for the BC and Alberta Guide Dogs. (File contributed/ Samantha Jagt)
Norman is a 10-week-old puppy in training for the BC and Alberta Guide Dogs. (File contributed/ Samantha Jagt)
Pixabay photo.

Young B.C. family expected new puppy to arrive at airport, got scam instead

Surprise gift for kids turned into surprise theft from parents

Pixabay photo.
UVic students play with Archie, a BC & Alberta Guide Dog in training. (Nicole Crescenzi/News Staff)

VIDEO: Guide dogs in training help UVic students unwind

Puppies training with BC & Alberta Guide Dogs stopped to help UVic commerce students relax after exams

UVic students play with Archie, a BC & Alberta Guide Dog in training. (Nicole Crescenzi/News Staff)
Blossom, an 11-week old Labrador retriever with her trainer, Cheryl Tradewell, is training to be a service dog with the BC and Alberta Guide Dog Society. (Nicole Crescenzi/News Staff)

WATCH: BC Guide Dogs needs puppy training volunteers

BC & Alberta Guide Dogs is looking to double the number of volunteers on the Island

Blossom, an 11-week old Labrador retriever with her trainer, Cheryl Tradewell, is training to be a service dog with the BC and Alberta Guide Dog Society. (Nicole Crescenzi/News Staff)
A young chocolate lab was turned into the Victoria Humane Society by its owners after it consumed poisonous mushrooms. The puppy received a blood transfusion, but passed away Thursday morning. (Facebook/Victoria Humane Society)

Victoria puppy dies after consuming poisonous mushrooms

A chocolate lab turned in to the Victoria Humane Society died Thursday morning

A young chocolate lab was turned into the Victoria Humane Society by its owners after it consumed poisonous mushrooms. The puppy received a blood transfusion, but passed away Thursday morning. (Facebook/Victoria Humane Society)
The Victoria Humane Society is inundated with puppies and kittens (Facebook/ Victoria Humane Society)

Victoria Humane Society needs volunteers after flood of puppies and kittens

Pregnant cats, dogs and their litters are in need of foster care

The Victoria Humane Society is inundated with puppies and kittens (Facebook/ Victoria Humane Society)
The 11 golden retriever puppies who needed emergency foster care in September are now up for adoption with the Victoria Humane Society (Facebook/Victoria Humane Society)

11 golden retriever puppies ready for adoption from Victoria Humane Society

The puppies required emergency foster parents after their mother passed away in September

The 11 golden retriever puppies who needed emergency foster care in September are now up for adoption with the Victoria Humane Society (Facebook/Victoria Humane Society)