• On March 16 during an impaired driving investigation in which the driver was being dealt with at the roadside by police at McTavish Road and Highway 17, the passenger of the vehicle slid into the driver’s seat and took off.
The vehicle was later located at the male’s residence; the male was arrested for obstruction. He was intoxicated.
• On March 18 at 8:15 am, Sidney North Saanich RCMP attended a single vehicle crash off of Highway 17, north of the McTavish interchange. It appears the female driver purposefully drove her vehicle off the highway, down a steep embankment and struck some trees. The female was taken to hospital with serious but non-life threatening injuries.
• On March 19, RCMP attended a three-vehicle injury collision on Highway 17 near Beacon Avenue. A Ford F150 pickup was stopped in the fast lane at the light. A Toyota Corolla stopped behind the truck and was subsequently rear-ended by a Dodge Journey which pushed the Toyota into the Ford.
Individuals in the back seat of the Toyota sustained non life threatening injuries and were transported to hospital. The driver of the Dodge was issued a violation ticket for following too close.
• On March 19, police were on Land’s End Road in North Saanich, responding to a report that a community mail box had been pried open and mail stolen.
On March 21, more mailboxes located in the 8500 block of West Saanich Rd. were found to have been pried open. Police remind the public to pick up your mail daily and report any suspicious activity to police.
• On March 23, RCMP responded to two motor vehicle crashes at the McTavish roundabout at Canora Road.
Police are finding that vehicles coming from the direction of the airport are consistently failing to yield to traffic already in the round-about. Police are reminding drivers to please slow down and be extra vigilant at this intersection.
• Sidney North Saanich RCMP responded to 116 calls for service between Friday, March 18 and the morning of Friday, March 24.
— Sidney North Saanich RCMP