• Mayor Steve Price says council gives all development matters their due consideration and councillors maintain an open mind on all applications.
Price was responding to a speaker’s concern at Monday’s meeting that the council, over the last term and so far into this one, seems predictable when it comes to development — they approve most, if not all of them.
Price said councillors must follow the process as outlined by law — which includes hearing from the public and both proponents and opponents.
• Citing health reasons, Mel Satock has resigned as Sidney’s director on the Victoria Airport Authority board of directors. He will be replaced by Tara Cumming.
• Council proclaimed March 26, 2015 as Purple Day for Epilepsy Awareness.
• A proposed 14-unit, three-storey residential complex to be built on First Street was advanced to a public hearing.
• The next council meeting is a committee of the whole session on Monday, March 16.