Summer’s here and you’re looking forward to relaxing outdoors with a beverage and a meal… Even better when someone else does the cooking!
The Waddling Dog Bar and Grill has you covered. The patio is now open, and with a full range of items on the menu and 19 different taps – including two each of wine and cider – it’s a great place to unwind at the end of the day or have a pleasant mid-day break.
“You may have noticed the umbrellas outside, that’s one of the signs of summer,” says Waddling Dog food and beverage manager Brandon Petraroia. “And while everyone has their favourite selections from the bar and kitchen, there really is something for everyone on our menus.”
Need even more reasons to stop by the Waddling Dog this summer? Here’s 5!
- Test your musical knowledge Whether it’s a night out as a couple or with friends, you’ll love the vibe on Saturdays when Kevin McDonell – a.k.a. DJ K-Mac – hosts Music Trivia at 7:30 p.m. (on non-UFC fight nights). “He’s a very upbeat host and helps everyone have a good time,” Petraroia says. Parallel 49 brewery sponsors the event, so there’s great beer specials, as well.
- Under the B … If music bingo is up your alley, the Dog is the place to be on Thursdays at 8 p.m. Not only can you hear some great classic tunes and newer music, you have the chance to win cool prizes and entry into the grand prize draw for a stay and a meal at the newly renovated Bayside Oceanfront Resort in Parksville. It’s a package worth approximately $500!
- Like deals? The Waddling Dog is now on the GetintheLoop app, offering special pricing on dining, and other valuable discounts.
- How about UFC for free? Once a month the Dog hosts Ultimate Fighting Championship special events free – the next one, UFC 239, happens July 6. If you’re a fan, you’ll want to see Jon Jones take on Thiago Santos for the light heavyweight title crown, and Holly Holm battle Amanda Nunes for the women’s bantamweight crown.
- Wings and wine are just fine If chicken wings are your go-to snack, you’ll love that they’re on special every Wednesday starting at 4 p.m., and other nights after 9 p.m. For wine lovers in the crowd, tables of two or more can order a bottle for half price on Tuesdays!