From the arts and wellness to technology and growing transportation opportunities, you’ll find it on the Saanich Peninsula.
The region’s eclectic array of businesses and organizations are key to what makes the Peninsula one of the region’s most popular destinations for locals and visitors alike.
In our series profiling local movers and shakers, here’s a look at 10 Saanich Peninsula Chamber of Commerce members improving your community:
1. Bayshore Home Health – Offering personalized, affordable home support from bonded caregivers, LPNs and RNs, Bayshore Home Health is with you every step-of-the-way to deliver an experience that makes a positive difference, every visit, every time. In Sidney, call 778-749-0014.
2. ArtSea Community Arts Council – Serving the Saanich Peninsula, ArtSea needs volunteers: writers, receptionists, photographers and fundraisers. What you would like to do for your community? Put your skills, talents and energy towards building a stronger community! Learn more at artsea.ca, visit on Facebook or call 250-656-7400.
3. YYJ – An important economic driver for southern Vancouver Island and B.C., YYJ generates approximately $880 million in economic output and 4,200 person years of employment. 2018 brings expansion of the departure lounge to include dedicated aircraft boarding gates and additional amenities. Ease, efficiency, friendliness and vitality: All part of our vision to build a remarkable airport for a remarkable place.
4. Peninsula Computer Solutions – Providing on-site and remote service solving and preventing information technology problems. Many companies spend zero time on I.T. until it breaks, then spend 100 per cent of their time trying to fix it so they can get back to business. Peninsula Computer Solutions aims to ensure you virtually eliminate that downtime. Learn more at pcsit.com or 250-686-3215.
5. The Town of Sidney – Your “one-stop shop” for business in Sidney! Whether you’re an existing business wanting to renew a business licence, a new business setting up, or an entrepreneur looking to start a business, the Town of Sidney is the place to go.
6. The Gardens at HCP – Designated one of the Canada 150 Garden Experiences and named “Garden of the Year in North America” in 2017 by the Canadian Garden Council, the Gardens at HCP are truly a gardener’s garden. Stroll through the nine acres of demonstration gardens and soak in the distinct beauty of each.
7. Blue Vista Resort on Mayne Island – Open year-round and with daily ferries from Swartz Bay and Tsawwassen, discover a quiet setting with nine clean, cozy, affordable housekeeping cottages steps from the National Seashore. Perfect for family getaways or as your base to explore and enjoy the Gulf Islands! Call 1-877-535-2424 for information.
8. Island Return It – Since Day 1, Island Return It has worked to build recycling and bottle depots to make recycling convenient and easy. Family owned and operated since 1995, their centres offer customers a bright, clean and well-organized way to recycle on Vancouver Island. Visit islandreturnit.com, stop by 5-10025 Galaran Rd. in Sidney, or call 250-655-4878.
9. RODCO Interiors – Serving Victoria for more than 25 years, this local, family-owned and operated business prides itself on providing top-quality service. Father and son, Roger and Field, work closely with customers and suppliers to find the right product (for the right price) for any interior decoration project! To learn more, call 250-656-4642 or email email@example.com.
10. Master Care Janitorial & Facility Services – This Better Business Bureau-accredited Chamber member provides reliable, quality cleaning services at competitive prices, including commercial office, strata and apartment building cleaning, and construction/post-construction clean-up. Bonded and insured staff provide daily, weekly, or monthly services. Visit janitorialservicesvictoria.com or call 250-590-5970.