The Saanich Peninsula is one of the region’s most popular locations to live and work for good reason. There’s the beautiful landscape and safe, inviting communities but beyond that is the thriving assortment of shops, services, amenities and industry.
Here’s a look at 10 Saanich Peninsula Chamber of Commerce businesses improving your community:
1. Sharon Bolton, Select Mortgage – Mortgage rules have changed and interest rates are increasing, but licenced mortgage broker Sharon Bolton has insight as to how banks, credit unions, trust companies and private lenders work within those rules and can match the best interest rate, lender and product with your needs. The service is free as she is paid by the lender except for more challenging situations where private or alternate financing maybe required. Whatever your mortgage question, call Sharon at 250-655-0632.
2. Island Blue – Family owned since 1969, Island Blue was founded in 1912 and today is a group of passionate, dedicated professionals providing a creative resource for customers to bring their inspirations, ideas and projects to life. Island Blue’s Art & Framing offers a large selection of artist supplies, including custom picture framing, while the Print & Imaging Centre provides digital printing and finishing services, book and fine art/photo printing. Visit at 905 Fort St. or call 250-385-9786.
3. Deep Cove Market – Nestled in North Saanich, just five minutes from B.C. Ferries and Sidney, the Deep Cove Market is a unique little market with local and specialty products from around the world. A perfect stop for breakfast, lunch or a latte, this a foodie’s favourite, with lots of surprise finds. Visit at 10940 West Saanich Rd. or call 250-656-2547.
4. Beacon Community Services – Do you know what local organization is dedicated to helping people and improving lives? Beacon Community Services. The non-profit’s volunteer and staff team delivers a vast array of social services, programs, and supports to help people of all ages.
5. Canoe Cove Joe’s – From hearty eggs and bacon to Bennys served on a lightly toasted English muffin topped with Hollandaise and served with breakfast potatoes, this local favourite has something for the whole family. The lunch menu includes house recipe beef, chicken, salmon, garden and oyster burgers. Other favourites include sandwiches and wraps served with a choice of soup salad or fries. Visit at 2300 Canoe Cove Rd.
6. Capital City Recycling Ltd. – The name to remember for your garbage collection needs! With over 30 years of experience, this local company provides waste management and recycling services for both home and office in an environmentally sound, affordable way. In addition to recycling services, Capital City Recycling also provides document destruction and shredding services, and mini roll-off bins for renovations, construction or yard and household cleanups. Call 250-652-5008
7. Expedia CruiseShip Centers Sidney – Serving the Peninsula since 1994, Expedia CruiseShip Centers has expertise in all areas of travel, and can fulfill all your destination and vacation needs. They also can provide complete travel insurance packages independent of travel. Call today, 250-656-5441 or visit online.
8. Finlayson Bonet – The largest architecture firm on the Peninsula, Finlayson Bonet specializes in a wide range of projects, from single-family to multi-family. Serving a diverse set of clients, partners Art Finlayson and Silvia Bonet lead a reliable team of professionals and technologists ready to help bring your dreams to life. Visit finlaysonbonet.ca to learn more.
9. Peninsula Mini Storage – Whether you’re renovating, clearing out your garage, downsizing your home, or if you simply need more space, Peninsula Mini Storage offers self storage solutions like never before! Choose from 26 sizes of storage units, either heated or un-heated. For rates call 250-544-6464.
10. Black Press Media and Peninsula News Review – Offering a full range of marketing solutions that leverage broad reach and deep connection in your markets, cross-platform solutions are customized to your objectives. Complementing more than 150 newspapers, a corresponding number of websites and digital opportunities are a variety of niche opportunities. Each component is designed to optimize your investment and their expertise.