Salmon derby winners
The top winner in Saturday’s Sidney Anglers Association Salmon Derby was Len Raslie, who landed a 20.8 pound fish.
Here are the rest of the derby results, courtesy of the Sidney Anglers:
• 2nd place – Dave Milligan 20.6 pounds
• 3rd place – Bob Hamilton 19.7 pounds
• 4th place – Kevin McKenna 19.3 pounds
• 5th place – Ken Birkland 18.9 pounds
• 6th place – Larry Dalziel 18.4 pounds
• 7th place – Eric Martin 17.4 pounds
• 8th place – Peter Payen 17.2 pounds
• 9th place – Ryan Mace 16.6 pounds
• Irene Dunic Prize for top woman – Candace Boyle 16.5 pounds
• Hidden Weight Prize – Dan Scott 12.2 pounds
• Bragging Rights or Sponsors Trophy – Eagle Eye Outfitters.
Climbing new heights
The Boulders Climbing Gym in Central Saanich hosts two major events on the May 16 to 18 weekend.
These include the International Federation of Sport Climbing (IFSC) Speed Climbing World Cup and the 2015 Climbing Escalade Canada (CEC) National Youth and Open Climbing Championships.
For event details and times throughout the weekend, visit climbtheboulders.com.
C’mon and take a freeride
The North Saanich Freeride Park 2015 annual general meeting will be Monday, May 11 at 7 p.m. at the Mary Winspear Centre, Room 2A.
The Freeride Park functions as a co-operative between The Friends of North Saanich Mountain Bike Park Society and the Municipality of North Saanich. The society is made up of volunteers, parents and riders. This year the society plans to build a viewing deck over the container and rework existing jumps.
The Society needs board members to keep the bike park open and operational. Parents please come to our AGM and get involved with this society.