Occupation: Retired police officer.
• Professional — over 33 years experience as a police officer in Vancouver, Victoria and Central Saanich and as a Conservation Officer in Alberta and Yukon
• Personal — married and father of three school age children.
1. Why are you running for Council?
I have a history of working through difficult situations, problem solving and negotiating results.
I am used to making tough decisions with honesty, fairness and integrity. I feel these are some of the qualities and skills that people are looking for in their elected officials.
I want to bring a fresh energy and perspective to municipal politics in North Saanich. I have demonstrated a committed public service ethic and look forward to bringing this to council if elected.
2. What are your top three issues to tackle, if elected?
• Responsible and accountable management of tax dollars.
• Ensuring that the municipality and residents are prepared in the event of a natural disaster.
• Planning carefully for the future by moving prudently, encouraging fresh ideas that fit the needs of North Saanich.
3. What are your priorities for housing policy in North Saanich?
I would encourage careful planning for housing, by first assessing the needs of the community both locally and at large. I would base appropriate decisions on that need for growth and development.
4. What are your thoughts on industrial, residential and agricultural balance in North Saanich?
All land types are important and needed in a healthy vibrant community. By working with a clear vision for the future of North Saanich, we would be able to balance the needs of all these land uses.
5. What can residents expect of your behaviour on council this term?
Professional and respectful.