- BC Jobs
- Victoria News
- Oak Bay News
- Saanich News
- Goldstream News Gazette
- Real Estate Victoria
POLICE BRIEFS: Police kept busy
Sidney North Saanich RCMP
• Sidney North Saanich RCMP received several reports of thefts from unlocked vehicles. Police are reminding residents to not to leave any valuables in unlocked vehicles.
• RCMP received reports of an erratic driver on Lochside Drive on Nov. 24. The vehicle was found in the ditch on Stautw Road in Saanichton. The driver was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Police believe alcohol was a factor.
• On Nov. 21 a break, enter and theft from a residence in the 9100 block of Canora Rd. was reported.
Central Saanich Police Service
• After midnight on Nov. 27 an officer on the Pat Bay Highway near Island View Road noticed a truck traveling at 133 km/h in an 80 km/h zone. The officer was able to catch up with the vehicle on the highway just before reaching McTavish Road where he clocked the vehicle traveling in excess of 160 km/h. The 51-year-old male driver from Saanich was issued several tickets including one for excessive speed of more than 60 km/h and one for failure to produce a driver’s license. He was also given a level one vehicle inspection for defective headlights and no parking brake and his truck was impounded for seven days.
• A break and enter was reported on Nov. 26 in the 7200 block of East Saanich Rd. The homeowners came home and noticed dirt marks on the carpet. A laptop and Iphone had been taken. A case of beer was also stolen from the refrigerator. Police believe the thief entered the home through a kitchen window but have no suspects and no witnesses. Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 250-652-4441.
• On Nov. 23 around 5:20 p.m. a Central Saanich police officer clocked a vehicle traveling at over 90 km/h in a 50 km/h zone on Wallace Drive. The officer pulled the car over and after speaking with the driver noted signs of alcohol impairment. The driver was asked to provide a breath sample and blew two warns. The 51-year-old Victoria man was issued a three day immediate roadside suspension for drinking and driving, a seven day vehicle impound for excessive speed and a violation ticket for speeding within the municipality.