- 2015 Federal Election
- BC Jobs
- Victoria News
- Oak Bay News
- Saanich News
- Goldstream News Gazette
- Real Estate Victoria
POLICE BRIEFS: Stolen vehicle recovered
Central Saanich Police Service
• On Sept. 24, police responded to a complaint of a man drinking beer in public in the 1200 block of Clarke Road around 4 p.m. Officers arrived to the scene to find the man trying to ride away on his bike and stopped him. They poured out his open beer and cautioned him on drinking in public.
• Just after noon on Sept. 23, a call from a concerned resident saw police respond to the 6600 block of Woodsview Place. The caller reported a suspicious vehicle parked on the road that was left unlocked with the keys in the ignition.
Police contacted the registered owner who confirmed the vehicle had been stolen from a home in the 8200 block of East Saanich Road earlier that morning.
There was no damage to the vehicle and nothing was reported missing.
• Police got a call around 5 p.m. on Sept. 19 from a resident who spotted three young men sitting in a tree smoking marijuana. When officers responded, they found the men walking in the vicinity of the tree and stopped them. They found a very small quantity of marijuana as well as a glass bong on the men, which were both taken and destroyed.
Sidney North Saanich RCMP
• The Sidney North Saanich RCMP responded to 117 files this week, including calls relating to mischief, disturbances, a few minor collisions, small drug seizures and minor assaults. Officers also issued four immediate roadside prohibitions over the last week.
• Officers were called to Redbud Place in Deep Cove for reports of a cougar sighting on Sunday, Sept. 23. The cat was seen walking near the water tower located in the Cloake Hill area. Witnesses said the cougar was sunning itself when they came upon it. The human presence startled the animal, which stopped and looked at them, and then promptly leapt away into the woods.