News

Boiling water causes fire

Sugar water left on the stove caused a smoky situation the afternoon of Nov. 1.

Firefighters were called to the 6500-block of East Saanich Road after a pot on the stove started a fire. It was quickly resolved, but caused about $3,000 damage to the kitchen.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.

You might like ...

Health ministers reassure Canadians about Ebola
 
Canada, U.S., support Hong Kong protesters
 
U14 girls tie game against Bays United
Cyclists dominate Nanaimo Commuter Challenge
 
Getting your zen on at the library
 
Lights set to twinkle on Cowichan waters
THE WEEK — May 9: A fashionable way to stop violence
 
Local woman recounts terrifying ordeal during armed robbery
 
Two girls, 9, lured by North Van sexual predator

Community Events, October 2014

Add an Event

Read the latest eEdition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Sep 26 edition online now. Browse the archives.